Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson confirm they're going their separate ways.
Rumors have been circulating for a few weeks that these two were going to announce their split, but I just didn't believe it, until they confirmed it yesterday. In a joint statement, they share: "After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage. We entered our relationship with love and it's with love and kindness we leave it. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated." Ryan and Scarlett had been married since September of 2008.
I can't get over all of these divorces, and even a lot of the longer-term dating couples – it's like a Hollywood epidemic!
So far we've had:
1. Courteney Cox & David Arquette
2. Christina Aguilera & Jordan Bratman
3. Michael C. Hall & Jennifer Carpenter
4. Elizabeth Hurley & Arun Nayar
5. Jenny McCarthy & Jim Carrey
6. Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens
7, Tony Parker & Eva Longoria
8. Sandra Bullock & Jesse James
9. Kate Winslet & Sam Mendes
10. Rachel Weisz & Darren Aronofsky
And I'm sure there are plenty more I'm forgetting. Which split was the most shocking to you?