Roasting vegetables is an easy, delicious way to create fantastic winter side dish. Most of these vegetables you would never eat in their raw state, but roasting them with olive and herbs bring out their best flavor.
Once you get used to roasting these vegetables play with the herbs and the olive oils to create new, interesting flavors.
- 1 pounds carrots, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and cut in half
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
2. Chop the vegetables into 1 inch size cubes and place them in a large bowl. Toss them with the olive oil and salt and spread them on the baking sheet in one even layer.
3. Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes, turning as needed with a long wooden spoon. When they are browned and cooked through, place them in a bowl and toss with the thyme. Separate the onion in thin strands so that it is evenly distributed.