Prepare it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for whenever you need a bite. It also does well at picnics because there is no mayonnaise in it. We often pack it in boxes to take to the beach.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces teriyaki
- 3 ounces chow mein noodles
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1 ounces sesame seeds
- 4 ounces sliced almonds toasted
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Marinate the chicken in teriyaki for 3-4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake chicken for about 40 minutes, or until tender. Cube meat and set aside.
3. Break the lettuce into bite size pieces and place them on the bottom of a large serving bowl. On top of that, layer the chicken, scallions, toasted sesame seeds, almonds and noodles.
4. Whisk together the olive oil, sugar, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper and pour the dressing over the salad. Toss it all together and serve!