It is apple season and I, for one, couldn't be happier. I LOVE apples and here are 5 great Fall Recipes to help get you inspired about the change of season.
The fact that I grew up in upstate NY, one of the primary apple growing regions in the US, is probably partially the reason I love them so much. I buy at least one huge bag per week from late August through December and here are 5 great ideas to get you going. I would love to know what you like to make with apples as we get into the season – is there anything particularly special you love to make with them? We would love to hear from you, so please share your ideas with us in our comments section below this article.
1. Apple Pie: Obviously. this classic recipe is at the top of the list. Who doesn't love apple pie? Serve it for Thanksgiving, Christmas or just because and you can't go wrong.
2. Pretzel-Apple Crumble: I love this awesome combination of salty and sweet. This delicious dessert would work well with a whole slew of different fruits. Try combining apples with raspberries, cranberries or rhubarb.
3. Apple slices with peanut butter: A classic after school snack, this can't be beat. Apple slices are also excellent dipped in honey and yogurt!
4. Apple-Yam Kugel: This gorgeous casserole is ideal for Hanukkah but can also be served all fall!
5. Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping: These gorgeous muffins are ideal for breakfast or brunch!