I don’t know about you, but when I make dinner, I always need to include something green.
Not only does green typically mean it’s vitamin packed, but it always makes the plate look so pretty! So complete!
As often as I throw together a quick salad, I make a delicious stir fry. This one I made in twenty minutes with ingredients I happen to have on hand. I think this is the best way to make a stir fry!
This one was too good not to jot down. So here you go . . . a quick and easy, super tasty, beautiful green side dish to balance your meal!
This would also be a lovely Spring dish to add to your Easter table!
- Olive or Grapeseed oil for the pan
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 medium-sized yellow sweet potato, peeled and cut into thin, bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces Snow Pea Shoots, washed dried, and roughly chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serves 4
- Total Prep and Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Heat a large skillet with the oil and add the onion and garlic. Over medium heat, cook until the onions are soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cook until they are beginning to brown and are tender, about 5 minutes or so.
Add the Add the pea shoots and cook just to wilt them, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the peas, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
An additional note:
Snow Pea Shoots are absolutely divine! You can get them washed, dried, and ready to use from Jade Asian Greens.