Stir-frys are the way to go for quick and easy weeknight dinners. This Thai chicken basil stir fry comes together in just about 20 minutes, and is way better than takeout! Serve with whole grain rice for a complete meal.
Thai Chicken Basil Stir Fry Recipe
Better (and healthier!) than takeout, this stir fry will please your whole family tonight!
- canola oil: 1 tablespoon
- shallots, thinly sliced: 4
- garlic, minced: 4 cloves
- ginger, minced: 1 tablespoon
- red bell pepper, cubed: 1
- chili pepper, thinly sliced: 1
- lemon grass, thinly sliced: 2 tablespoons
- ground boneless skinless chicken thighs: 1 pound
- soy sauce: 3 tablespoons
- lime juice: 1 tablespoon
- basil leaves, roughly chopped: 1 cup
- mint leaves, roughly chopped: ¼ cup
Step 1: In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallots, garlic, and ginger, and saute for about 3 minutes on medium-high heat. Add the cubed bell peppers, chili pepper, and lemon grass and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Add the ground chicken, and saute until cooked all the way through, about 5--7 minutes. Using a wooden spoon keep breaking up the smaller chunks, and mix into bell pepper mixture.
Step 3: Add the soy sauce and lime juice. Mix well. Toss in the basil and mint leaves. Mix until the leaves begin to wilt. Serve with brown rice or jasmine rice.
More Chicken Dinner Recipes: