The summer season is in full swing so what better way to celebrate than with wine!
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi’s Sweet Red Wine is an inexpensive, easy on the palate red wine. It is the perfect wine for making, you guessed it: Sangria!
The Sweet Red wine is a blend of Syrah and Merlot and loaded with the sweet fruit flavors of raspberries, cherries, strawberries and watermelon. Sip on this wine by itself or create perfect summer sangria!
Sweet Red Strawberry Sangria
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 Fuji apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup whole fresh basil, stems attached
- 1-2 tablespoons elderflower cordial, to taste
- 3 cups Woodbridge Sweet Red wine, chilled
- Raspberry seltzer water, to finish and to taste
- Lemon sugar, for rimming the glasses
1. In a large pitcher, combine the fresh sliced strawberries, sliced Fuji apple, basil, elderflower cordial, and Woodbridge Sweet Red wine.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for 10-15 minutes. Add in the seltzer water; give it a gentle mix with a wooden spoon just before serving.
3. Top with fresh basil to garnish and some lemon sugar to rim the glass.
4. Makes 4-6 servings.