One of my favorite simple dinners is a Caesar salad.
I like to make a lightened up version that is healthy and tasty all at once. I usually add tomatoes in lieu of croutons to make it a touch healthier, I also use low-fat mayonnaise to keep the dressing very light. In this version I top the salad with grilled chicken, but it would be delicious with broiled salmon or grilled portobello mushrooms on top as well! —
- 1 anchovy, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 hearts of romaine, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup small tomatoes, halved
1. In a large bowl mash the anchovy with fork tines, then whisk in the Parmesan, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the olive oil in a steady stream into the bowl, whisking continuously.
2. Divide the lettuce leaves amongst two plates. Place about ¼ cup of the halved tomatoes on each plate. Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salads and top with the chicken breasts. Serve!