How pretty are these colorful kebabs? They're perfect for the kids at your New Year's Eve party. I love hosting holiday parties with nothing but beautiful, bite-sized, delicious hors d'oeuvres, and the food for the kids should be every bit as special and fancy as the "grown-up" food.
Berry Caprese Kebab Recipe
How pretty are these colorful kebabs? They're perfect for the […]
- fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and cut into 1 dozen cubes (or fresh mozzarella balls the size of cherries): 4 ounces, or 1 dozen balls
- fresh blackberries, washed and dried: 2 dozen
- fresh mint leaves, washed and dried: 2 dozen
- strawberry jam: about 1 teaspoon
- small skewers or cocktail toothpicks: 1 dozen
Step 1: Get all of your ingredients ready so you can easily assemble the kebabs.
Step 2: Gently slide a blackberry horizontally on the skewer or toothpick. Then carefully add a mint leaf, followed by the mozzarella and a second mint leaf. Slide one more blackberry on after the mint, horizontally.
Step 3: Use a small spoon or your finger to add a dab of the strawberry jam on one side of each piece of mozzarella.
You can make these up to 2 hours ahead of time. Keep them in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.