It’s hard enough to get the kids to eat their veggies, let alone eat an entire meal made out of them! That’s why this tasty pumpkin & spinach lasagne is basically a dream come true.
Not only will my recipe feed the whole family, it’s also criminally easy to whip together. The hardest part is roasting your pumpkin pieces (which isn’t even hard at all – you can even do the day before if you like!) and then all you have to do is layer them and the rest of the ingredients with some Heinz Tomato and Pesto Lasagne Bake Sauce into your baking dish, add the cheese topping and bake!
Easy. Peasy. Cheesy!
Full recipe is below. For more info on how to make delish and kid-friendly homemade meals using Heinz’ new pasta sauce range, head here.
Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna
It’s hard enough to get the kids to eat their veggies, let alone eat an entire meal made out of them! That’s why this tasty pumpkin & spinach lasagne is basically a dream come…
- 1.5kg of pumpkin which has been peeled and cut into 3 cm pieces.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 80g baby spinach leaves.
- 6 fresh lasagna sheets
- 525g jar of Heinz Tomato and Pesto Lasagna Bake Sauce
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius and lightly grease a 20cm square baking dish.
- Place the pumpkin pieces onto a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil before sprinkling a little salt and pepper over the top. Pop into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked through and beginning to brown on the outside.
- Transfer the pumpkin to a large bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cover the base of your baking dish with lasagna sheets before adding half of the pumpkin mixture. Add a layer of spinach leaves (using half) before dolloping 1/3 of the Tomato and Pesto Lasagna Bake Sauce over the top.
- Add another layer of Lasagna sheets and repeat the above.
- Top with another layer of lasagna sheets and cover this with the remaining Tomato and Pesto Lasagna Bake Sauce.
- Dollop ricotta over the top and then sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the cheese sauce is golden. Allow the Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna to stand for 5 minutes before serving.