I love this easy, family go-to spring dish.
I created it one day with ingredients from refrigerator and now it is a household favorite.
Loaded with delicious vegetables, this spring dish is perfect to make for those nights when you want to go meatless.
- 1lb. fusilli pasta
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz. sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups asparagus, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- ¼ cup Grana Padano Cheese, shredded *
- Fresh chives, snipped
*Can be substituted with Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook for 10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add garlic, mushrooms, and asparagus; sauté for 8 minutes. Add zucchini and peas and sauté for another 5 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add cooked pasta, alfredo sauce and cooked vegetables. Stir to combine. Transfer to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with shredded Grana Padano.
5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Serve with freshly snipped chives on top and enjoy!