servings: 24 cookies
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
total time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (heaping)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk (whole, or low fat)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Roughly chop chocolate into 1/4 inch pieces.
Step 3: In a medium-sized bowl, combine chopped chocolate, almond meal, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt.
Step 4: In a smaller bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and milk. (Measure the coconut oil in your tablespoon first, then use the same tablespoon to measure out the honey; this helps the honey to slip out of the spoon easily into the bowl.)
Step 5: Pour wet the ingredients to the dry-ingredient bowl, and mix until well incorporated.
Step 6: Prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill your tablespoon with batter, and scoop batter onto the baking sheet.
Step 7: Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Use almond milk, instead of cow’s milk, for a dairy free recipe.
Want more Gluten-free Recipes?
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Gluten-Free Brownies Recipes
- Gluten-Free Quinoa Banana Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Gluten-Free Turkey Yam Lasagna Recipe
Karen Biton-Cohen blogs at K. abc Food and Photography.