Do you have something that you love to do? Do you love to sew? Do you love to work on computers? I am of the firm belief that everyone has a marketable talent.
Find out what yours is and sell it. Sit down and ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do I love it enough to do it consistently without getting sick of it?
2. Am I good enough? If I am not, are there steps I can take to get there? (education, practice, etc)
3. Will the time spent be worth the return? Likewise, will the financial investment (for supplies, classes, etc) be worth the return?
If you can see worth in your passion as a money making endeavor, chances are someone else out there does as well. Google it and see what others have to say. Do your research and once you are ready, commit fully. You can make cash from your hobby, but it will involve a lot of hard work!
How to Get the Word Out?
The hardest part of starting a new business is getting your name out there. Most importantly, you need to set yourself apart from your competition. Social networking will be the key to your success. This can be via word of mouth in your own community, or online! Set up a Facebook Fan page and a Twitter account to go along with your new business.
Let friends and families test your product or service first and give you their honest opinions. Use their criticism to improve and their positive feedback to promote. Grow slowly, grow honestly, and most of all grow! Push yourself and your newfound money making venture to the front of the pack.
Be sure to follow the laws in your state for setting up your own business. For a great starting point, head on over to the Small Business Association website. They have the breakdown on the different forms of ownership. In addition you can even take online training courses to strengthen your knowledge. I don’t recommend leaving all the legal stuff until you are successful. Start on the right track early, so your business is legit from the very start!
Still Trying to Figure Out What You Can Sell?
Are you still scratching your head, trying to think of what you can sell? Here are some very general basic ideas that can get you brainstorming:
- Consultancy-Do you have knowledge of something that others need help with? This can be practically anything nowadays!
- Crafting-Candles, sewing, pottery…the list goes on and on.
- Writing-Are you a writer? Start off with a blog and produce great content. Freelance for sites like Associated Content and Ezine Articles to get your name out there.
- Get Physical-Landscaping, fitness coach, brick layers, etc
- Art-photography, murals, watercolors, etc
- Teach-do you know how to do something others would take a class to learn?
- As I said earlier, everyone has some kind of marketable talent. Turn a passion into dollars and cents by working hard and loving what you do