It seems like the basic black tankini is the bathing suit uniform for moms everywhere. Yes, it covers the tummy and black is understated and slimming. While we all have body parts that we'd rather not display in public, this summer break out of the black tankini box and do something daring. You don't have to bare all to look stylish at the beach.
Try a bathing suit that boasts cool details, features a lovely pattern, or a suit in a bright color. If you're committed to a tankini, try one in a fun print or color. Feeling really risky? Perhaps try on that bikini you've been shying away from. Always remeber: when bathing suit shopping, the most important thing to remember is to shop for an item that suits your body type and choose something that you feel comfortable wearing it outside the dressing room. Try these picks:
- Covers the tummy but adds sexy cut-out details: BCA Chevron Stripe Monokini; $58 at nordstrom.com
- The blouson style is perfect for tummy coverage: Marc by Marc Jacobs Tankini Top and Bikini Bottoms; $116 (top) and $67 (bottoms), at nordstrom.com
- This French-inspired bathing suit provides excellent coverage and is far from boring: Tulle Bandeau Tank, $79.99 (sale!), at jcrew.com
- If you need extra coverage on top, this bathing suit comes in D and DD sizes and tons of mix-and-match colors and prints: Tie-front Tankini and Bottoms, $56.50 (top) and $44.50 (bottoms), at victoriassecret.com
- Retro-inpsired with modern updates this bathing suit is perfect for sunbathing or swimming: Rocket Split Bathing Suit, $110, at shabbyapple.com
- Ready for a bikini? Try a fun print with a top that add more coverage than just a triangle top: Provence Floral V-neck Bikini Top and Bottom, $49 (top) and $39 (bottom), at landsend.com